Get expert advice from a tax attorney or CPA who is highly experienced in cryptocurrency taxation. Our team can help you assess your current tax situation, navigate complicated crypto issues, and identify tax reduction strategies.
Here are a few common topics for a tax consultation:
- What is the correct method for tracking cost basis? FIFO, LIFO, Average Cost Basis?
- Are Bitcoin and other altcoins “like-kind property” under Section 1031?
- Do I qualify as a day trader?
- Is my mining operation a business or a hobby?
- How do I report hardforks or airdrops?
- Do I need to file an FBAR or a Form 8938?
How It Works
We conduct crypto tax consultations over the phone or skype audio. The cost is $199 for each 30 minute increment. Most clients find that 30 minutes is enough time to get answers to their tax questions, but clients with more complicated issues or who need in-depth tax planning might need additional increments.
We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee for our crypto tax consultations. If you are not completely satisfied with your consultation, just let us know and we’ll gladly refund the fee no questions asked.
Consultations are limited to US taxes. We are not able to provide other country-specific advise. We also cannot provide advice on anti-money laundering compliance or securities regulations.
Why choose us for crypto tax advice?
- Experience. Our tax attorneys and CPAs have been providing crypto tax advice since 2013.
- Expertise. Our tax attorney Tyson Cross is considered a leading authority on crypto taxation and has been published in leading publications like Forbes and Bloomberg.
- Practical and Useful. We pride ourselves on providing straightforward, easy to understand advice on even the most complicated tax issues.
- Support. We are crypto tax specialists year round, not just at tax time.
- Sincerity. We’re not just here for the taxes, we’re part of the crypto community and care deeply about the development and adoption of blockchain technology.
“Tyson Cross unpacks the enormously complex and ambiguous world of crypto in practical next steps.”Russ H.Tax Preparation Client
“Tyson and his team have been an invaluable resource in navigating crypto taxes as well as other services. Highly recommended!”Trent J.Tax Preparation Client
“It is a great relief to know that the preparation of my cryptotaxes is in the hands of Tyson Cross, one of the leading crypto tax specialists in the United States.”Arthur F. Tax Preparation Client
“Tyson and his group helped us to navigate a difficult tax season. My taxes ran the gambit of overseas work, traditional property investment and various crypto investments. Tyson handled it all.”John M.Tax Preparation Client
“This was my first year with cryptocurrencies and my tax man of 28 years had just retired. I was so happy to find Tyson Cross as many tax accountants don't know anything about cryptocurrencies. I highly recommend Tyson Cross's office for taxes, especially if you deal with cryptocurrencies.”Barbara A.Tax Preparation Client
“Given the numbers involved, and the general ambiguity of cryptos and taxes I didn't want to tackle my taxes on my own. I chose Cross Law and I am glad I did, they took the headache out of doing my taxes.”Glenn PTax Preparation Client
“Tyson has excellent knowledge about virtual currency and Tax obligation that comes along with it, like Bitcoin mining income and capital gains. I appreciate complex tax preparation that makes my live much easier.”Dieter W.Tax Preparation Client
Fill out the form below to schedule your consultation now.