We know how complex and overwhelming anti-money laundering compliance can be. We also know that failure to comply can result in fines, forced closure of your business, and criminal prosecution. Our Bitcoin AML compliance services are designed to let you focus on your business, while enjoying the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re in full compliance with federal laws and regulations.
Who Needs AML Compliance?
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) has determined that “Exchangers” of virtual currency must register as money-transmitters and comply with federal anti-money laundering laws. An “Exchanger” is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency.
The following are three of the most common examples of activities that qualify as “exchanging,” and therefore require AML compliance:
- Buying or Selling Bitcoins through LocalBitcoins
- Operating a Bitcoin ATM or similar service
- Selling gold, silver, or other forms of bullion in exchange for Bitcoin
What’s included in our AML Compliance Service?
Our Bitcoin AML Compliance Service provides everything you need to comply with federal anti-money laundering laws by:
- Registering your business with FinCEN
- Performing a Money Laundering Risk Assessment
- Preparing a customized Anti-Money Laundering Policy for your business
- Providing a one-hour training course on AML Compliance
- Answering unlimited compliance related questions
Get started on your Bitcoin AML Compliance
If you are concerned that you might be subject to federal anti-money laundering laws, click below to schedule an AML Consultation. The cost of the consultation is $199, but we will credit this amount towards the cost of our AML Compliance Services if you end up hiring us.Get Started